My observations on pregnancy so far:
- The ridiculous term "pregnancy brain" is actually a true phenomenon. I can't think.
- I can't count how many times I have wondered while driving how I was actually going to get to my destination without falling asleep. The exhaustion is just that overwhelming.
- While I didn't experience "morning sickness" per se, I did experience a near-constant state of nausea. Much like how you feel right before the flu hits you hard, except ALL THE TIME.
- A person can live off of PB&J, grilled cheese and Campbell's creamy tomato soup for weeks at a time. Oh, and baked goods. Lots of baked goods. (My husband asked if this kid was going to come out covered in frosting and sprinkles.)
- Don't come near me with a salad.
- My limbs now fall asleep with amazing speed.
- I "gleeck" almost every time I yawn.
- After the initial ten weeks of napping, I entered the next phase of pregnancy. It consists of a constant cold, allergies and heartburn. Also sneezing attacks.
- I am a mean, mean girl when I'm pregnant.
Suffice it to say, I don't do this pregnancy thing with grace. I am looking forward to having a little more of a belly so maternity clothes will be justified and I can stop walking around with my pants unbuttoned. Until then I have about one casual outfit and about four dresses that I can wear to work.
I had another ultrasound a couple of days ago. The critter was moving around like crazy. I still can't believe it can move that much and I don't feel a thing. Weird. My friend asked if she could look to see the sex of the baby and I said yes. So now she (and her mom and sister, she confessed) all know the sex of our baby. It's tempting to find out... my mom thinks we won't make it until the end of the pregnancy without finding out. We'll see.
Names in the running: Lucy, Audrey, Grayson and Ellison. Right now I'm not sure if I love any of them, but we've got plenty of time to decide.
No comments:
Post a Comment