So, I took the dreaded three hour glucose test yesterday and I PASSED! I am just so, so happy, and I owe it all to the tuna sandwich I ate the night before. Seriously, my sister told me that she ate a tuna sandwich before she had to take the long test and she passed, so I superstitiously did the same thing. But I will say that was quite a wake up call. I went grocery shopping today and bought lots of carb-less food, so I will continue to try to eat better than I have been, but it also means that I am going to make some three layer cookies to celebrate! Ha!
We are getting a bunch of snow today, so I am puttering around the house getting a whole lot of nothing done. It's kind of nice. What's the point of taking the week off between Xmas and New Year's when nothing is going on anyways? It's like a free mini-vacation. We spent Xmas with P's parents at their place. It was very low key. I definitely missed being with my family and cooking all of our traditional Xmas foods... pasta pudding, potato buns, ham, coleslaw, beans and Christmas cookies! P's family doesn't really have any Xmas food traditions (there may be a reason for that, but I'll be nice). It is probably not healthy to place such an emphasis on food during the holidays (of course it's all about togetherness and giving, blah blah blah) but all things in moderation, right? I'm still working on the moderation part... I'll get there one of these days.
As far as presents go, P and I made a deal about a big screen TV as a joint gift this year, so in return I demanded a good stocking. He did VERY well, I have to say. I got a watch that I've been coveting for years, Ratatouille, some candle holders from W-S and a cute little parenting book, among other things. For big gifts, we got a photo printer and a baby stroller (also super cute). My cute mom went maternity clothes shopping for me and scored a velour track-suit dealie that is extremely comfortable and probably will be worn for the rest of this pregnancy. So I would have to say we did pretty well on presents!!
In other good news today, my sister finally closed on her home that has been up for sale for ages and ages, our sales numbers look awesome this quarter and we should be getting a fat bonus and did I mention that I don't have gestational diabetes????
No comments:
Post a Comment