In true me-style, it is 10:30 PM and I am not even half way finished baking the Christmas treats I had planned on making. I have made: peanut butter blossoms, dove bar pretzels, soda cracker candy and oreo bon bons. Note to self: peanut butter blossoms sound better in your head, you don't really like them, and they are difficult to package. QUIT MAKING THEM! I always get this obsession with making the right "mix" of cookies and this year is rather heavy on the candy side of things. I am making the Oreo bon bons because the recipe makes a ton of them and people seem to love them, although I don't really see what's so great about them. I guess in a way, that is good... I am not tempted by them at all.
On the to-be-completed list: cut out cookies, kolackys, candy cane cookies and three layer cookies. I feel like I need another cookie to throw in the mix but I don't know what. I have too much chocolate candy type stuff already so it would have to be something fruity or plain. Actually, that is a lot of damn cookies, why am I thinking I need another? I need to have my head checked. I had promised to bring a tray of cookies to the family ornament exchange tomorrow but the tray is going to be a bit on the abbreviated side of things. THEY don't know that I haven't finished all the cookies I planned to make. It is not enjoyable to stay up all night making cookies, so I am going to hit the sack and make some more over the next couple of days. So there!
I am virtually finished with Christmas gifts, hurray!! I just have a couple more things I want to pick up for P, but they are easy to get and low-stress for me. I feel kind of bad that this isn't going to be a super interesting present year for him but he got skis for his birthday and between those, bindings and a ski pass we have put about $1300 into this hobby this year. That is probably enough, I'd say.
So... tired.... going to bed now!
1 comment:
Mmmm, cookies. You are so crafty!
Post a Comment