So the news around here that I have somehow been able to keep somewhat under wraps is that I'm knocked up. We discovered this little piece of news on April 2nd, when I took a pregnancy test and in a very sleepy fog watched that second line appear. I don't think my first sentiments were all that touching- "oh SHIT" comes to mind. When I shared the news with the proud papa he told me "April Fool's was YESTERDAY." We both laid in bed and stared in terror at the ceiling for a while... but as the news slowly started to sink in we both started to get excited. Was this planned? No, but we did want to have another and why not just get it over with?
This pregnancy has been pretty reminiscent of the first in how crappy I feel. Things that have been different: I seemed to have lost weight in the first trimester (I would love to know how, since I have never lost weight without trying) and I have thrown up more. Smells, particularly the smell of poop (and I'm looking at you, Grayson) make me gag and vomit. Phil had to change nearly every poopy diaper from April 2nd until just recently. As far as cravings go, it is kind of similar to last time, in that I have no desire for the food I'm usually most interested in: thai, chinese, sushi, etc. Seems that when I am pregnant I want all the stuff I usually don't like: pizza and pasta. Weird.
I was pretty upset about getting pregnant when I did, since I felt like I was just starting to get my diet/exercise routine under control and for me, it all goes out the window when I'm exhausted and feeling yuckky. It's a little hard to stomach that it will be an entire year from now before I get my body back from being pregnant and nursing, but I know from experience that it will go pretty fast.
I'm hoping/praying/wishing for a girl this time. I want to be done having babies and not tempted to try for a third if it is a boy! I *think* it might be a girl though- I had a dream the other night that someone texted me the results of my ultrasound and it said "it is a girl." Time will tell.
So my children will be 21 months apart. Children! Can you believe that? I sure can't.
1 comment:
Ah, you are my hero. I'm sorry you have been sick. But I will be watching you and taking notes so I can learn how to parent more than one child. ;)
Post a Comment