Luckily I am not a screamy sort of girl, since as I started to type this post I looked up and saw a rather large beetle-y type bug on my curtain. I sure do hate squishing bugs. Ugh.
We had a busy weekend. Yesterday morning was spent cleaning and cooking since Phil's sister and family were stopping off at our house. We are joining them in Durango this week for an official "family vacation." I can't say I've done something like this so it will be interesting. They have three children and Phil and I kept marveling at the chaos that ensued in their wake. It was quite impressive. It was great to see them though and I think that we will all have a good time this week. I was extra-happy to hear that my parents will be joining us as well so I will get to spend a little time with them too!
This morning we got up early to get Gray bathed and beautified for a photo shoot. We went to a trail by our photographer's house and watched Gray run around in meadows for a couple of hours. That poor boy loves nature but it sure doesn't love him. We knew that his skin would pay for running around in fields of weeds and flowers but I guess we had no idea how bad it could be. He had red bumps and welts ALL over his legs by the time we finished. They don't seem to bother him in terms of itching or burning... at least I don't think they do. But they look terrible. My poor bubble boy! The photographer sent a couple of pics via email tonight and we were laughing so hard at the way his hair looks in the sunlight- like a flaming halo.
Then we all came home and took a nap- which was lovely at the time but I think we all woke up on the wrong side of the bed. We all felt out of sorts for the rest of the day and Gray had a hard time going to bed. After several rocky starts (the crying was so insistent that each of us went in once to console him/check for poop) I went in, offered him a little warmed milk and then rocked him for a bit. He was sitting in my lap, thumb in his mouth and I said "you really need to go night-night now" and I felt him shake his head "no" against my chest. It was all I could do not to laugh while I said, "yes, you do." Little stinker!
No comments:
Post a Comment