Friday, July 10, 2009

There's a baby in there

Well, it (he? she?) has definitely started moving around in there! The dreaded heartburn is back and I still haven't learned my lesson about the foods I should be avoiding (sugar). The insomnia hasn't started yet (please, please, please don't start!) and I am actually sleeping pretty well. In fact, I am sleeping so soundly that when I get up in the night to pee I have a hard time getting from the bed to the bathroom without bumping into things and stumbling around. I certainly have a belly ("bowlful of jelly" comes to mind) but haven't gained any weight, somehow. This is wonderful, since my OB didn't want me to gain anything until 20 weeks. So far, so good. I have gotten to that place in pregnancy where my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I don't know that fine line between full and oh-my-god-I-cannot-breathe. I am suddenly feeling extremely pregnant. I am dying for ONE DAMN DRINK and Sangria sounds oh-so-good. Today I broke down and had some sushi, which I successfully avoided during my last pregnancy. (Sorry, baby.) I am starting to contemplate more and more what a second child is going to do to my precious first child and it alternately makes me excited and teary. I am praying/wishing/hoping for a girl named Lucy and yet would love to see all of Gray's clothes on another little boy. I cannot for the life of me come up with any boy names since I feel like I used up my "good" boy name on Gray. We wonder if the next one will have the same riotous blonde curls and silly sense of humor. Twenty-one more weeks to go!

1 comment:

Be Like the Squirrel, Girl said...

Wow, you are almost halfway! Congrats! Are you waiting to be surprised, or are you going to find out if you'll be using Gray's clothes? Personally, I think you should FIND OUT. :)