- We got Gray's hair cut a couple of weeks ago and since he was thrashing/crying in the chair and I didn't feel like dealing with it again anytime soon I just said "cut it short." As soon as she started cutting I felt like I was going to puke. All of those beautiful curls: gone. Phil and I keep threatening each other "they better come back." I hope so. I hate this short haircut.
- On that same day, our dogs got in a fight that ended in a puncture wound in Archie's neck. One emergency vet and four staples later, he was home and acting like nothing ever happened. I still won't even let them play together for fear that Charlie will get aggressive again and bite him. I keep looking at Charlie and asking him "why would you bite your brother?" He has been on my shit list since then and he knows it, and feels bad. Which then makes me feel bad.
- Gray wants to be outside ALL THE TIME. He will cry at the door "ou-lie?" ou-lie?" over and over until he dissolves in (real) tears. I love that he wants to play outside so much but I can't follow him around outside all freaking day!
Exciting- to me, at least
- I'm getting my hair cut and highlighted today!
- A new cupcake shop just opened up by my house. I haven't tried it yet but it's right by the salon so I think I'll go after I get my hair cut.
- I'm also going to design the kitchen re-model today- EEEE!
- We might be getting a little bit of bonus money and Phil said we could buy the fridge with it. Double EEEE!!!
- The baby is moving like crazy now and you can see my belly jumping up and down. Also, at yesterday's OB appointment my MD said "I know you don't like to hear about your weight but you are doing really well- only a couple of pounds up since last time!" On the flip side, my hips are hurting more than ever, the heartburn is getting worse and I have FIFTEEN more weeks to go. Gah.
Funny
- Gray's language continues to amaze me. This week he has started to put two words together. "Archie, come!" is one of my favorites. "Lee-la" is spatula, and he always wants one of my spatulas so he can do some "cooking." I have found that I can stand him at the sink with a bowl full of water and a spatula and he will stand there while I make dinner. So far he is good about not falling off the chair (knock on wood) and I always tell him "stay there, don't move a muscle!" to which he replies "muh-ul!" His articulation is improving, which in some cases we wish it didn't- I like when he says "Larlie" for Charlie and "ha-ha" for dog. The best is probably his completely weird pronunciation for cheese-which I can't even transcribe- but is slowly being replaced by "chee!"
No comments:
Post a Comment