It seems that our humble little household is now part of this ridiculous pandemic... Gray woke up with a cough this morning and since I am heading out of town on a girls' weekend on Friday, I thought I'd go the "safe/sorry" route and take him to the doctor. Seems as though the boy tested positive for influenza A, and apparently the only "A" there is would be H1N1. Awesome. So now the assumption is that this is what we have all had this week, starting with me on Sunday saying to my mom "I feel a little lightheaded when I stand up" and ending with me on the couch with the chills. Which I've never had before, for the record. I tested negative for flu (and just found out that there is quite a high false negative rate) on Monday, and woke up on Tuesday noticeably better. Today I have lingering laryngitis and a snotty nose. Phil ended up at Urgent Care yesterday with a temp of 104 and he is still feverish. Gray woke up today, cheery as a lark and ended up with a fever and no appetite by this evening. So it seems it is working it's way through our household slowly. Maybe I'm not as worried about it as I should be, but I'm recovering really well, I know Phil will get better soon and Gray started Tamiflu early so that is apparently the best scenario possible.
In the middle of all of this, our kitchen renovation continues. It is taking longer than expected (of course) and every day I think that surely THIS is the last day the workers will be here. It looks awesome already so I know it's going to really look incredible when it's finished. I feel like they are working in slow motion and at $80/hour it makes me sick. I have said a million times "are you SURE we are going to stick to the budget?" and Travis keeps saying yes. I don't really believe him. Today was just miserable, though, with all three of us home and the workers roaming all over the house. With Gray's room being next to the kitchen it was impossible to put him down for a proper nap so I tried to get him to nap in the basement, which didn't really work out all that well. Looks like tomorrow is going to be a repeat performance, too.
I finally broke down and ordered the cork floor and am hoping very much this isn't a decision I regret later. The last things to buy are handles for the cabinets and the backsplash. I have the handles picked out so that is just a trip to the store, but the backsplash is going to be the death of me.
And, not to forget the little incident of water pouring into our basement window that started off our week... this has happened to us once before, when some valve failed on our sprinkler system. Fortunately, Phil recognized what was going on right away, and we had had the sprinkler system organized so we could turn off the water if it happened again. So, we had about 15 stressful minutes where we had water pouring in a basement window where the new appliances for the kitchen were being kept. Ugh.
...seriously? I am so done with this week and it's only Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment