Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dear Eli: Month Two

Hey pal,

Right now you are sleeping in our room at my early attempts of getting you on a schedule. We have started putting you to bed when Gray goes to bed, even if the actual process ends up taking a couple of hours. It's okay though, I know we'll get there eventually. I think that really sums up so much of being a mom the second time around: I know it will all get easier with time. The nights will get easier, and one day very soon I will put you in bed and won't see you again until the morning. A couple of nights ago you slept for seven hours straight, which totally threw me for a loop. Usually, you are up two or three times. It's pretty manageable, really.

You are still in our room, only because we are waiting on some furniture for Gray's room. Once we get that sorted out (hopefully next weekend) you will move to your own room. I think that will be a good thing for all of us- you like it dark and quiet when you sleep at night and I miss watching TV in bed at night!

Gray is getting a little more affectionate with you over time. I caught him absentmindedly holding onto your foot the other day while he watched TV and you were in your bouncy seat. Now that you are smiling and cooing (which started about two weeks ago) he is more interested in trying to interact with you. Of course, he will still tell me "Eli bed?" which is his way of saying "Put that guy down and play with me!"

You are such a sweet baby and people comment on how much of a mama's boy you are. When I come into the room or you hear my voice you just look so... happy. I know babies are supposed to love their mamas, but this is one step further than that. You are my ever-present-companion, and I love every minute of it. We have three more weeks together and then I go back to work. I'm thankful that we have found a nanny that is excited to work with you and your brother, so I hope that everything works out okay. I'm happy that you'll be home where I will get to see you and your brother throughout the day.

You love to smile and coo at me, and I think you are more vocal than any baby I've ever been around. I bring you into bed with me when you wake up for your early morning feeding, and we both love to snuggle for that last hour or so. This morning I woke up face-to-face with you and it just filled me with joy. You have gotten so chubby over the past few weeks and I'm looking forward to your two month appointment because I want to see how much you've grown. You are a big, strong boy with beautiful blue eyes and a cuteness that we can never seem to catch with the camera.

I can't wait to see what the next month brings for you. I love watching you grow!

Love,
Mama

No comments: