Dear Eli,
Oh, Eli, how can you already be three months (and two weeks) old? Yes, I'm a little late on this post since I have returned to work, lost the second nanny we hired, done another nanny search and gone to Vegas for a week... all things that conspired against me getting a post done on time. I'm sorry.
You continue to be the sweetest, cutest baby on the face of this planet. I am ashamed of myself- considering all of the complaining I did when I was pregnant how did I manage to end up with this totally beautiful, even-tempered baby? You cry when you are hungry or tired, and that's it. I'll glance down at you and you will be looking up at me with those bright, blue, sparkly eyes of yours with a big grin on your face. It makes me melt.
I took you with me to Vegas for a work trip and on the way there we were in the front seat of the plane. I should have counted how many people said "OOH! What a CUTE BABY!" as they walked by you. It was probably half the plane. When we were deplaning everyone commented on how good you were- not a peep out of you, and you were still smiling. You spent the week hanging out with your grandma in our hotel room. You were fascinated by the fan and since the only other toy that you care for at this point is your mobile, so I guess that makes sense. We took pictures of you in the casino and joked about putting you in the bidet in our room to take a picture. We didn't, although it would have been hilarious.
You love to stand up on your chubby legs, and when you do you get all shaky and excited. You have started to lose your hair, and now it looks like you are sporting a bad combover. I just moved you into your 3-6 month clothes, and I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be moving you to the next size pretty soon. A couple of weeks ago you discovered toys and now will bat and grab at things. When I put you in your bed to look at your mobile, half the time I come running back to check on you because you are shouting at the top of your lungs. You are never upset, just excited and rather shouty about it. We have good nights and bad ones, probably 50/50 at this point. On a good night you will go to bed around 7:30 or 8 and wake up at 3 and 6 AM. On a bad night you'll wake up at 2, 4 and 6 AM and those are the nights I bring you into bed with me so I can get some extra shuteye. Cuddling with you is like chocolate to me- a guilty pleasure.
I had my first overnight for work this week. While I hate leaving you, I am happy to be doing a job that I love. I will also admit that I was happy to get a full night's sleep! But seriously, I hope you and your brother know that I don't like leaving you and I always (ALWAYS) miss you, but I have a job that is perfect for me and makes me feel good about myself. I think that's important for you to see.
You are my pride and joy, E. Thanks for being my big, strong, beautiful boy.
Love,
Mama
1 comment:
Ohhhh! Reading this is really bad birth control.
Post a Comment