Phil has been gone for ten days and I am clearly not cut out to be a single mom. (So all of those people who say to me pityingly "Oh, you have to work full time? With TWO kids?" can go SUCK IT. Thank God I do.)
Anyhow, this weekend has been filled with playdates galore, and, as usual, it is really fun for me to see Gray with other children. Tonight we had dinner at my friend's house and she has two little boys. Gray is so clearly a sheltered boy, because when the two-year-old came running up to him, brandishing a light saber Gray ran over to the couch saying "I want my mama!" A couple of minutes later the older boy came running in with a Spiderman costume and ski goggles on, which clearly freaked Gray out. He came and mashed his face in my leg saying, "Mama, I'm scared!" By the time we left though, he had been initiated in the ways of swords and other boy games. I told my friend "I blame you!" since we have been mostly able to live without weapons in our lives so far.
Later this evening, Phil called me from the Sydney airport. While we were talking Gray was yammering away on the monitor, clearly unable to fall asleep. This is what he said: "Now I'm going to do a Sprout Stretch. Put your hand here and your leg on the ground. Take a deep breath." Shortly after this he launched into "Ring around the Rosie." Oh, Gray. My boy is doing yoga in his crib. Priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment