Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The things I know

  • That if they ask you if you want four wheel drive you should probably say yes.
  • That you should probably check the weather for your destination. Just because it's 54 degrees in Denver doesn't mean it's 54 degrees anywhere else.
  • That I am never going to get that stupid mid-size rental car out of that snowy parking lot in the morning.
  • That I am going to have to recycle the socks and shoes I wore today. The cute flats I had intended to wear will not cut it in a foot of snow.
  • Just because I am having a bad week doesn't mean I need to rain on everyone else's parade.
  • I cannot seem to put myself to bed at a decent hour no matter how much I promise myself that I will.
  • A bad dessert doesn't taste any better no matter how many bites you take. Stop while you're ahead- it is still gonna suck as much on bite #10 as it did on bite #1. Now I just feel bloated.
  • That being "caught up" is an unattainable goal.
  • Bad mom or not, I need these work trips to help maintain my sanity.
  • I love that part of my job involves seeing signs that say "Big Game Migration Area- Use Caution Next 10 Miles."

No comments: