Friday, July 8, 2011

Resolutions: A Six Month Update


  1. Run a 10k- done, and actually I ran two! Then I hurt my sciatic nerve, somehow, but it has gotten better and I need another race to train for. Hoping to do another long-ish race before the end of the year.

  2. Buying clothes that I like. I am definitely getting much, much better about this. My problem now is I have a lot of random things that I like but nothing to go with them. I have consciously put things down in the store that I had picked up because it's cheap, or wearable but not necessarily cute.

  3. Complete the 365 project. I'm sad to say this went nowhere, primarily because after Gray broke my camera I bought a new camera that I HATE and therefore do not use. I have yet to suck it up and buy a replacement camera but need to because I am losing precious time with my babies! Note to self: buy that camera TONIGHT.

  4. Take six sewing classes. I still have only taken that one class and didn't even finish that project. Ugh. I really wish I had more time for this. I am going to call right now to see if I can sign up for the A-line skirt class.

  5. Take six classes at the rec center. I still only have taken that one yoga class and haven't done any more. The problem is that I started my AuD last month and at the exact same time the you-know-what hit the fan at work, so I do not have time for anything else!

  6. Conquer the last 20 lbs. Hmm. Since January I have lost about 12ish lbs. The last time I checked I have about seven pounds to go. It would be great to be done with this by the end of the year, but I have somehow totally lost my motivation. We'll see how this pans out.

  7. Date night once a month. I'm not going to say we have been perfect about this but I do think that we've done alright. I wish we could actually find a babysitter that I liked though.

  8. Fancy cut out cookies. Nope.

  9. 15 workouts a month. January- 16, February- 15, March- 18, April- 16, May- 14, June- 14. NOT BAD.

  10. Accessorize. Meh. I guess I'll never be great at this.

  11. Being nice. I need to work harder on this. I am acutely aware of the fact that my bluntness can be offensive. I wish I was better at thinking before I talk.

  12. Read one classic per month. After struggling through a couple of painfully boring books I decided this goal was not worth it.

  13. Finish the window in the basement. We have gotten nowhere on this. GAH.

  14. Finish the kitchen backsplash. DONE!

  15. Start the basement bathroom. Nope. Dammit.

  16. Basement fridge. Done!

  17. Yell less. Well, this is a work in progress.

  18. Little things count. I am good on this with some things and bad with others. Money and budgeting is so hard for me and I swear I am going to get this under control.

  19. Quick phone calls/emails are better than nothing. This is totally not quantifiable. And therefore I have no comment.

  20. Set up wills and college funds. Nope. This has to happen soon.

No comments: