Wednesday, January 3, 2007

2006 Meme (how I hate that word: "meme")

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? planned a wedding, went to Thailand, bought and renovated our house
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Nope, did not keep them (same as always) and of course will make the same ones again
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No, although one friend is pg and I'm sure the others are gearing up to be shortly
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, my uncle and I miss him so much
5. What countries did you visit? Thailand, Jamaica
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A baby, a new and improved kitchen, the *&%$ shelving finished in our dining room
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Oct 21- got married, the week before Thanksgiving- mom and friend diagnosed with lymphoma
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Buying and working on our house
9. What was your biggest failure? Inconsistency of working out and many failed attempts to lose 10 measly lbs
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No
11. What was the best thing you bought? Our house
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mine and my husband's, for successfully getting through the wedding while trying to renovate our house
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? someone certainly did but I'll keep that to myself
14. Where did most of your money go? The wedding and our house
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Thailand! Also my bonus this year
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Many, many WP songs
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer? happier, fatter and richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise- I really let myself down on this one
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry about getting the house done in time for the wedding- it about put me over the edge
20. How will you be spending Christmas? With my husband and his parents
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? I already was
22. How many one-night stands? none, this is a stupid question!
23. What was your favorite TV program? Project Runway, Top Chef, Amazing Race
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no
25. What was the best book you read? Memory Keepers Daughter, maybe? Hard to remember
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? In person, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is pretty impressive. Wish I could say something groovier but aside from that all we listen to is Panic, Panic and more Panic.
27. What did you want and get? A treadmill
28. What did you want and not get? a new kitchen
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Little Miss Sunshine
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Can't remember! I was 34. This is why I'm starting a blog, I have the worst memory.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Losing weight
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Lazy and embarrassing!
33. What kept you sane? Wellbutrin and my husband
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Heidi Klum- again, with my not-so-secret total admiration of all things Heidi Klum
35. What political issue stirred you the most? the elephants in Thailand
36. Who did you miss? my uncle and a friend who moved and was never heard from again
37. Who was the best new person you met? Can't think of anyone
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. Live the life you want to live because life is short and you only have one.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. As my husband will tell you, I am the worst about lyrics. I have no idea what I'm listening to, ever.

No comments: