Well, with two major snowstorms in one week the Christmas season didn't exactly go as planned. I got stuck in SLC an extra three days, which really wasn't that bad; I treated it like an opportunity to go sight seeing. The most annoying part of it was having to go buy clothes. There is nothing harder for me than to have to buy a pair of jeans on command. But I did get some cute shoes so there was definitely a bright side.
I went and looked around Park City, found some fantastic Thai food, saw the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and saw Temple Square all decked out for the holidays. I spent some time at the artists gallery where I am getting my dishes made and she directed me to check out the SLC Public Library, which was pretty cool but also a little sad in the way a major metropolitan library can be. Beautiful but already a little worn. I also rented a movie (Little Miss Sunshine) that I managed to stay awake for. And since my computer kept crashing I got essentially no work done. Ha!
After a particularly hellacious trip home I got to DIA at 3 AM... to find that my luggage had been lost. People had been waiting for their luggage for 3.5 hours, if you can even fathom such a thing. I had no intention of doing that to myself so I got in line to report it missing and it ultimately was delivered on Xmas morning. We spent Christmas with X's parents, who originally were supposed to visit X's sister but got snowed in. We had a pretty fun day. As a nod to his family tradition I made Italian (Chicken Parm, homemade garlic bread and bruschetta, woot!) on Christmas eve and for Christmas day we had a fantastic strata/baked french toast for breakfast and then my family's traditional Christmas dinner. As far as presents go, I got some clothes (I can't buy myself clothes, why do other people think they'll be successful?) a lid organizer (again: huh?), books, a Nano and lots of Home Depot gift cards. We are on our way to the kitchen reno but I'm guessing we have maybe $10k to go? Ugh.
New Years was a lot better than I anticipated it would be- I have never liked that holiday. X's family went to the mountains so we headed up for the day to see them. That night we were invited to a party, which turned out to be pretty fun, if a little odd at the end. All of the party-goers quite suddenly vacated the place and I had to knock on our host's bedroom door (where he was... getting ready for bed? I don't know) to retrieve our bags. But all in all, one of the better New Years I have had.
No comments:
Post a Comment