Sunday, February 25, 2007
Hence the name...
This morning I went for a run (the first one in a loooong time, I am ashamed to say) with our lab, Charlie. Now, Charlie LOVES to run and pretty much do anything else that is outside of the confines of our yard. (Mind you, our property is 1/3 of an acre so it is by no means small and he has plenty of running room.) Unfortunately, the way Charlie expressed his joy/hysteria this morning was by loudly crying and squealing the entire time we were running. And when I say "entire" I truly mean "ENTIRE." It was so embarrassing. On one hand, I feel guilty because we don't take him for walks very often (as evidenced by the obvious stupid joy that was written all over his face). On the other hand, I feel like people think I'm abusing this darn dog because he has to wear one of those awful looking collars with all the spikes on it so I can control him. (Digression: we sent the dog to two weeks of doggie boot camp in order to train him and he is well trained, except when he sees a duck or a goose. And then instinct kicks in and he becomes the hunting dog that he never was. Unfortunately, geese tend to hang out at the park where we run.) Also, this dog has a neck like no other- we call it his goiter because he has these huge handfuls of skin around his neck so I'm sure the iron maiden has little effect on him, other than being a gentle reminder that he's attached to me. So, do I take him for a run tomorrow and just turn my iPod up really loud or leave him home? I'm not sure if taking him more often will get rid of this ridiculous behavior or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment