Monday, March 5, 2007

Charlie's Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day

Of course I had about 1000 things to accomplish on Friday. I got back from Montana (I love you, Montana!) late Thursday night and was hosting book club on Friday night. I had to go to the grocery store, clean the house and oh yeah, work. In the midst of all this, I was folding some clothes and Charlie projectile vomited all over our bedroom (and sheets, and wall, etc.). Then he continued to vomit again, and again, and again... you get the picture. I have never seen a dog throw up that much. I was so worried that he had eaten something and poisoned himself. Once he finished, he just laid on the floor, looking totally miserable and sad. And very, very drooly- he had a huge puddle of drool under his head.

Later that evening, once he had slept off whatever was wrong with him, my book club friends and I were sitting around, drinking wine. I let Charlie in from outside and noticed he was walking a little funny. Whoops! He managed to rip off his entire toenail, so it was hanging on by a thread and the quick was totally exposed. I have no idea how he managed it, just that it was very, very gross. Oh, Charlie.

No comments: