Thursday, March 8, 2007

The meaning of life

The week before Thanksgiving I had a strange thing happen to two of the people that are closest to me- my mom and one of my closest friends. They were both diagnosed with lymphoma, literally within days of each other. My mom's final diagnosis was appendicitis gone horribly wrong, and my friend remains undiagnosed. Apparently the second medical opinion (not cancer) didn't jive with the first opinion (cancer) so she remains in a miserable state of limbo. It's been hard to watch, and to understand what she is dealing with right now. She is finally seeing a therapist and I'm so grateful she had the nerve to do so. Her response to this whole situation has been really interesting- I think it has been a wake up call for her to look at what she wants to change in her life. And it's also made me really think about my life as well. There are definitely things I'd like to work on in my life, but overall things are good. I never, ever thought I'd end up where I did, but I'm definitely happy that I did!

No comments: