Saturday, April 14, 2007

The continuing saga...

...of the yard. So we had some guy come out to look at the sprinkler system today. We figured that they would be able to work off of the old one- maybe add a little here or there and we'd be good. Nope. Apparently it is cheaper just to re-do it from scratch. And since we have a huge yard, it will be about $4500. We don't really have a choice, and it will be nice to have it done the right way, for a change. We are going to get one more bid and then get going on this project.

Today we hauled a bunch of river rock from the front of our house to the side of our garage. I don't know how to get rid of tons of river rock, other than to advertise "free, u-haul it" at the next garage sale. It would be great if that would work. We also chopped up the ugly rose bushes. Now I feel like we are making a little progress. Tomorrow: moving dirt! Fun!

This week was a little stressful, and next week doesn't look much better. This week I "trained" a couple of new people from my work. Most people that I work with love having someone to travel with occasionally, but the solitary nature of this job suits me just fine. I really like to be alone. So I ended up feeling guilty and perhaps that I didn't train them very well because I was annoyed that I had someone tagging along the entire week. Next week is another highly social week with meetings, dinners and a convention. Ugh. Culminating in my birthday, which is on Sunday. The kicker being that I have to take an exam at 8:30 on Sunday morning. It's a stupid exam to get a professional certification that means virtually nothing, but I'm going to do it just the same. I hope I pass.

I'm off to make shishkebabs (how do you spell that?) on our new grill!

No comments: