Monday, April 23, 2007

Year in Review

This is the second time I have written to myself in this fashion, except now that I am part of the blogosphere the internet might be a handier place to keep these entries. I wish I had started doing this sooner. What I would give to hear what my 23 year old self worried about! (I can name my top three issues right now: boys, my weight and money, as they have been since I was probably 18.) Anyhow. I reviewed what I wrote last year and decided it was a little too personal to post here, but suffice it to say I was amazed at how much has changed this year.

I got married this year. Our wedding day was not storybook perfect but as I get further and further away from it I view it with more fondness. I just finished our wedding album and I think it is beautiful and can't wait to bore my friends with it. Our six month anniversary was the day before my birthday and we went out to dinner at the same restaurant we had our rehearsal dinner at six months prior. I also got a big bunch of flowers and my husband got big points for actually remembering something as silly as a six month anniversary. (Aside: we are not schmoopy people who celebrate anniversaries every month but for some reason the six month mark seemed significant.)

We bought a fabulous house and re-did most of the main floor. I am still waiting on the living room divider (don't get me started) and the kitchen. It is going to take one hell of a bonus check for me to even think about starting the kitchen and we have that sprinkler system to contend with first, so looks like I will have to suffer with a dishwasher that burps up dirty water for another six months at least. Grrr.

Financially we are doing well. Not quite to the tune of the crazy-huge bonuses I was getting last year, but good enough. I like my job. I am reaching a bit of a breaking point after the last few weeks, but May looks a little more relaxing than April was and I'm going to try to keep it that way.

In family news: my sister is almost divorced, my mom has made it through a miserable six months and two surgeries, P's sister is pregnant and due in September. I have re-connected with some of my step-siblings, which is pretty cool.

In friend news: two friends are pregnant, D. is working on picking up the pieces after her disasterous misdiagnosis and another college friend has moved out to CO. I have learned that I have some pretty great friends in Colorado.

We travelled to Thailand, Jamaica and northern CA this past year. I am hoping for a trip to Boston, Michigan and maybe Montana this year. I am also hoping to have a baby and lose 20 lbs. Somehow the two don't really complement each other.

No comments: