Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Cupcakes!

My dream is to have a bakery. Not a fancy French-type dealie. Just a down-home, honest bakery where you can get frosted cut-out cookies, traditional cakes (can you say: hot water cake with peanut butter frosting?) and fabulous cupcakes. This cupcake phenomenon is ridiculous, but I also love it. Seems like NYC and California have it all figured out but Denver is still not there. Even in Salt Lake City they have a fabulous little bakery called Les Madeleines (where I'll be enjoying a million-point cupcake tomorrow, thanks very much). I'm not sure there's a market for it in Denver, and if there is I'm sure I'll never be in on it. Denver still strikes me as more of a gluten-free, lactose-less baked good type of place. Yuck.

My original thought was to start baking for a farmer's market and see if I could collect a following. But the daunting task of figuring out where (health department-wise) to do all this baking has deterred me. I don't really know how to figure out if this is something I can do at home, legally. But it would be so FUN. Think of all the cookie cutters I could use!!

No comments: