So I was reminded yesterday of something that happened just before my wedding last October. My friend is getting married in 10 days (eek!) and we were commiserating on the last minute minutiae you have to deal with right before a wedding. She mentioned that her visit to the lingerie store for her wedding night duds was not quite as eventful as mine. (Wavy lines and twinkling music...)
Six months earlier...
I walked into Sol, a lingerie store in Cherry Creek. I was greeted by Emily, who is the girl I always wished I looked like. Long dark hair, brown eyes, curvy, preppy-esque and HOT. Not to mention, super cool. Turns out we had similar wedding and engagement rings (she had just gotten married) and she also was dying to go to Thailand (where we were going on our honeymoon). So not only was she beautiful, but she was a girl I'd love to be friends with. Emily put me in a dressing room, told me to strip and said she'd be right back. She came back with a handful of bustiers and proceeded to help me into them. And when I say help, I mean she HELPED the girls into the bustier. After I settled on the perfect style (so cute), she asked if I wanted to purchase the matching thong, which cost a mere FIFTY DOLLARS. Um, no. Wedding night or no, I could not spend that much money on underwear.
So then she asked if I needed something extra for the wedding night... "like these?" as she lifted her skirt and showed me her garters. (!!)
I called P after leaving there and told him I was leaving him for a woman named Emily.
No comments:
Post a Comment