Friday, June 22, 2007

Lazy

I've had a wonderful, luscious, lazy week at home. Not too much scheduled at work and it's just heavenly to laze about and enjoy the summer a little bit. We are at a standstill on home improvement stuff, since our bank account is having a hard time keeping up with all my brilliant ideas. Things that still need doing: re-do the kitchen, carpet in the basement, paint the exterior, seed/landscape the back yard, lay gravel out front for a second parking place. That's the short list- things like "new bathroom in the basement" have to go on the list for next year, or even sometime after that. And unfortunately, we did not make our quota for this quarter, so we will not be getting a bonus. The flip side of that is that next quarter will probably be quite good so in a couple of months we may be able to get started on some of the bigger projects.

The house cleaners came today. It is definitely a guilty pleasure to have other people clean the house, but they are cheap and they do a good job. It's a small price to pay for peace in our marriage! I just got so tired of coming home from traveling to a messy, dirty house... it made me so grumpy and hostile. It is SO worth the measly $80 twice a month!

This weekend is Widespread Panic at Red Rocks. P is going to all three shows, I am going to one on Sunday. Two (much less three) shows is a bit much for me- I get bored too easily! So I will be on my own most of the weekend, since when P is not at the show he will probably be recovering from the last show. Tonight I might be going out for sushi and a movie with a friend, but otherwise I think I'll hit the library and get bunches of good stuff to read!

No comments: