Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Best Costume Ever

So, in fourth grade I tried and tried to think of the most original costume ever- one that would wow everyone with it's creativity and originality- and I came up with (drumroll please) a bottle of Elmer's Glue. It was cheap, since it required a white trash bag, some markers and an orange ski mask. I remember so vividly crouching on my bedroom floor, holding a bottle of glue in one hand and painstakingly copying it as perfectly as I could. I thought I was SO clever! Who wouldn't think this was an amazing costume? Well, as it happened, I went trick-or-treating with two of my friends, and they were dressed as a kitten and a ballerina. Every time someone opened their front door, they would exclaim, "Oh! A kitten, and a ballerina, and... um... what are you?" It did wonders for my ego, let me tell you.

Other childhood costumes I can remember: Holly Hobbie, a clown and a punk rocker. After all the drama and heartache that went into picking a costume every year, I cannot believe I don't remember anything else.

Adult costumes I can remember: Martha Stewart, a Brownie and a king. The Brownie one got recycled a couple of times, since it was easy to come up with a brown outfit and always fun to wear braids!

I love Halloween, but we are not doing much this year to celebrate it. We have had one trick-or-treater (didn't open the door) and we didn't carve pumpkins. I did manage to whip up some pumpkin and witch's hat cookies for P to take to work. I told my husband that I fear for our future child- since I love Halloween I will be doing a lot of vicarious living through this kid!

No comments: