Well, I have been plugging along, and the belly is getting bigger all the time. I seem to have gotten rid of the sciatic nerve pain but have been introduced to the fabulous world of leg cramps. Actually, I've only gotten one, but the memory (and lingering ache) remains strong in my mind. Heartburn is my biggest enemy and it is now triggered by anything and everything. But the baby is moving and I'm able to feel body parts moving against my hand as I push on my belly. Hard to believe that this person is going to arrive in a couple of months and change life as we know it! I have started to look into day care, kind of. Lucky for me my close friend is also looking into day care in our area and she is pretty anal- so she gathers all the facts and then reports back to me. I have my fingers crossed that the woman across the street decides to do in-home child care but I do have a good backup by P's work. The crib arrives next week, and my shower is also in about a week, so things are starting to happen! I am hoping that my next bonus will enable us to create a little office in the basement, so this kid will actually have a room to come home to and we have a place to put all of this stuff!
We had Thanksgiving at our house with P's parents and his sister's family. It went pretty well, although it was really chilly outside so our niece and nephew were trapped indoors for days without much in the way of entertainment. Dinner was good... it was the first time I'd done a turkey and it turned out well. And I got to use my turkey dishes, so that made me happy!
This weekend we are going to visit my parents in Arizona. I have virtually NO maternity clothes for hot weather so I'm not quite sure what I'll be wearing.
Work-wise, this month is going to be hectic. I have lots of appointments, although I don't have to fly anywhere for work. I learned my lesson last year, when I got stuck in Utah due to the huge snowstorm in Denver right before Christmas. So I refuse to fly anywhere this year around Xmas or New Years. I am noticeably more tired over this past week- I think my body is slowing down even more, if possible- and it is really hard to force myself to work! In fact I got up about two hours ago and I could already use a nap!
No comments:
Post a Comment