Saturday, January 5, 2008

Almost blew it

Did I say about a week ago that I was going to blog once a week in the new year? I did? Huh. So basically I almost blew the one resolution I made. Nice.

My sister and niece were here for New Year's. We didn't do a lot- there's not a ton you can do during the holidays, in the dead of winter with a pregnant chick. Except sit and watch me gestate. Which we did. We also headed up to Boulder for an afternoon, cooked a bunch of Thai food for the New Year and went to the mall. My niece bought legwarmers, which I thought was so funny, considering how "in" they were when I was her age. I have come to the age where the fashions of my teenage years are now back in style and it is weird. We have a not-so-secret plan to get my niece out to Colorado to nanny for us when she is out of high school, so P said it was in our best interest to make this trip as fun as possible for her... I don't think we succeeded, unfortunately. But it was fun to see them and my niece is turning into a really lovely young lady. I can't wait to see what the next couple of years hold for her.

Accomplishment #1 of the new year: paying off one of our credit cards. Yay! Hopefully we can get rid of our other credit card debt very, very soon. At least before Baby X gets here.

Next week is our company meeting. I will be seeing many of my colleagues that I haven't seen since getting pregnant so I am gearing up for a week of "look at you!!" Yes, look at me, I've gained 30 lbs and I'm sure to gain more in the next nine weeks. Yippee. Our company meetings are often long and interminable and this one is bound to be even a little worse, since we have been charged with the task of coming up with cheers for our teams. Seriously, cheers. I don't mean to sound like Debbie Downer, but this is what they pay me to do?

I'm off to make a list of the household projects that I want to get done before this kid makes an appearance. We know how to have fun around here on the weekends!!

No comments: