Saturday, January 12, 2008

How to make me panic in a few easy steps

1- Ask me repeatedly if the baby's room is done. (Answer: no. Not even started. Should I be worried?)
2- Get scheduled for an early induction several weeks before your due date. My pregnant friend was told that her fluid levels were low and instead of having the baby at the end of January she will be having the baby on TUESDAY. Yikes. This made me realize that there is no written rule that this baby will stay put until March, as planned.
3- Realize that I look as pregnant as my aforementioned friend, who is giving birth next week. I, on the other hand, have eight weeks to go. I cannot possibly get any bigger, and if I do I will have to cut a hole in a sheet and wear that to work.

We had our company meeting this week and it was as exhausting as ever. These meetings are hard for normal people, much less eight-months-pregnant people. We start early in the morning, go all day and then have "mandatory" dinners, so that means I typically get home at nine- at the very earliest. On Wednesday we had a dinner that just dragged and dragged... after we finally got served I scarfed down my dinner and went home. Turned out that I missed my own baby shower- right after I left they brought out a cake and presents which P had to accept for me. We got some hefty gift cards for baby stuff which I spent today. We are nearly set- all we really need now is a swing and I think we have most of what we need to start with.

On a much more fun note, I upgraded my diamond earrings today! P mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I should do it, so I did! They are sparkly and big!!!

No comments: