Today is the first day in I-don't-know-how-long that I didn't have heartburn all night long!! This is, indeed, the most fabulous day. I saw my OB on Tuesday and explained that I still had heartburn, regardless of the prescription she had given me. My prescription plan apparently sucks and I just couldn't suck it up and pay the measly $40 that would have delivered me from this misery long ago. So she gave me some samples and lo, they worked! Happy, happy day. My Tums, they look lonely on my nightstand.
So the OB appointment went well. We usually have very little to talk about which I suppose I should be thankful for. Aside from the normal pregnancy crap this has been an uneventful pregnancy. I did have another 3D ultrasound done, which told us that this kid is about 4 lb 10 oz at 32 w 2 d. Sounds rather large to me, but apparently is normal. He/she (it?) has very chubby cheeks and lips like P. It's nose looks a lot like mine did when I was little. Not to beat a dead horse, but I cannot believe that I'm going to meet this little person soon. Weird!
My friend had her baby on Tuesday as well, so after my appointment I went over and hung out in her hospital room while she labored. She is truly a champ; she got that little baby out after four pushes. The baby is cute and it was kind of good that I got to see all of that- everyone kept questioning whether I should have gone but it was fine. If anything, it probably made me a little less worried.
I am dreading next week. It is going to be my last time to fly and I have two trips planned. It is going to suck, wedging myself into that little seat, but at least the flights are short. Things are slowly winding down a bit at work, which is good since my energy level suuuuucks. Those pregnant people that always "check out" before their maternity leave always bugged me but now I understand that you are just not smart enough to think like a productive person any longer.
We got an estimate on our office and my bonus came through on this paycheck so it looks like we will get moving on that soon. I have promised myself that we are going to put some of this bonus into savings but I also want to buy myself a treat like a new dishwasher or fridge. I have truly turned into a lame person, lusting after appliances.
No comments:
Post a Comment