Saturday, January 26, 2008

Figuring it out

I always thought it was a cop out when pregnant women would say they had "pregnancy brain" but now I am a believer. It's really alarming (and a little sad) that it takes so long for me to figure things out right now. Case in point: I started to take a prescription for heartburn about 10 days ago. Also, in the last ten days I have been experiencing this thing where, in the middle of the night, I wake up choking due to reflux. It is F-U-N, let me tell you. Sometimes it happens a bunch of times, occasionally not at all, but it's definitely becoming a more common nighttime occurrence. (Have I mentioned that I don't love being pregnant?) Last night, after a particularly awful episode, I realized that this has gotten much, much worse since I started taking the prescription. So, now I'm trying to figure out which is worse: constant heartburn or waking up choking every night? Hmm. Both sound equally delightful.

Having said all of that, I am really thankful that we were able to get pregnant without any type of fertility intervention. I am thankful that the baby is healthy and looks to be normal. And I keep reminding myself that this baby is easier to take care of inside of me than it will be when it's outside of me!

My due date is March 9th, but I am betting/wishfully thinking/hoping that the baby will come in late February. The baby's room is still not put together but we are one step closer to that goal- we have chosen a contractor and hopefully we will get started on the downstairs office soon. The rocking chair is being delivered tomorrow (although I am constantly stressing about the fabric that I chose for it) and the high chair will be done in a couple of weeks. After having a bit of a panic attack last week, I went to the store and got every last thing that we could possibly need to bring an infant home (wipes, diapers, etc.)

This is really happening!!!

No comments: