I guess I blew my resolution to blog once a week. Not that I have anything interesting to talk about, mind you. My days are B-O-R-I-N-G, what with sitting around moaning about how pregnant and tired I am. I'm too tired to do very much (a three hour outing to Costco and Home Depot yesterday about killed me) but can't sleep very well so I just sit around complaining. Believe me, I'm getting tired of listening to myself at this point!
So, I learned a hard lesson about going to Costco on a Saturday. It's like as soon as you enter the building all bets are off- nobody is going to have any manners, or be polite. It's dog-eat-dog. The place was packed and the people in there were insane about making their way to the jumbo sized ketchup or whatever. It was kind of scary. I got home and told P that I got a membership and he asked "did you check out the diapers and formula?" which was my justification for getting a membership in the first place. "Uhh... no." Totally forgot that I went there for that reason.
I also ordered flooring for the basement at HD- the office is getting started next week so all of the gross carpeting on that side of the basement is outta here!!
Tomorrow we (yes, WE) are going to a nursing class. I feel kind of bad making P go with me since this class will be all about something that he cannot participate in, but my OB friend made a good point: "Guys need to know that nursing is more than taking off your bra." We decided against taking a baby care class, or hospital tour (I think seeing my friend have her baby a couple of weeks ago was as good of a tour as I'll ever need) and I'm fine with that. Anything I need to know I can find out through the nurses at the hospital or the pediatrician, I figure.
The baby has been thrashing around like he/she's in a mosh pit since yesterday. My ribs and diaphragm feel good and bruised and the excessive movement kind of makes me sick sometimes. Someone said to me the other day "I can't remember what it feels like to have the baby move inside of me, and it makes me sad" which I'm not sure I totally get. I mean, I'm glad to have experienced it but I don't think that I'm going to miss the constant acrobatics. (Moment of panic: EEK! FIVE WEEKS LEFT!!!) P and I were talking about how weird the whole thing is a couple of days ago and concluded that we, of all people, had no business deciding to make another person. Oy.
No comments:
Post a Comment