26. A perfect powder day at Vail: calling my boss in Chicago and telling him I can't make it to the airport due to all of the snow.
27. The beach in northern California: relishing the solitude, only to look up and see a bunch of orange jumpsuit-clad prisoners trudging down the beach.
28. Gazing up at the trees in the redwood forest, where sound and light are indescribable.
29. The countless times I have sat on the downstairs couch, buried under two dogs and a baby. Knowing how very, very lucky I am to have all of them.
30. Listening to Big Head Todd as I crossed the border into Colorado.
31. My own personal St Valentines Day Massacre, when my little Honda got all shot up by gang gunfire.
32. Lying in bed, calling out to Cricket and hearing her mutter back at me.
33. Pouring over the Girl Scout badge book and circling all the badges I wanted to acquire.
34. Cooking school in Thailand.
35. Saying good-bye to Uncle Barry.
36. Playing Atari before going to choir practice.
37. Sitting on camping chairs in the creek near Marble, drinking and reading in the sunshine.
38. Wading down Lake Shore Drive on the fourth of July.
39. Walking home from the pub in Braemar, encountering deer all over the darkened streets.
40. Sitting in the sunshine on Cadillac Mountain, 20 weeks pregnant.
41. Making gingerbread houses.
42. Stepping out of the car on that Memorial Day camping trip.
43. Wandering through the streets of Edinburgh, my friend and I telling each other "I wish you were a boy, this is so romantic!"
44. Gummy, goofy smiles from Gray on my 36th birthday.
45. Rollerblading in the dark in Denver.
46. Spending a snow day in bed playing Grand Theft Aut0.
47. Stealing the French grandpa's chocolates in Bordeaux because we were so hungry.
48. Missing my own baby shower.
49. Snowshoeing by the Continental Divide- looking up at the sky to see the clouds whizzing by.
50. Every time I say a very teary good-bye to my mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment