Gray is sitting in his swing, having his morning nap. I am contemplating what to do with my day today. It is a beautiful, snowy, sunny morning and the weekend is supposed to be warm. We were busy yesterday, so I'm thinking we will probably hang out at home today. Yesterday we went to the mall with Maria and Terri to purchase foundation garments for our bridesmaids dresses. Unfortunately for me, we found out that we have to wear strapless bras (and needless to say, an ample, nursing bosom is not compatible with strapless undergarments). My only consolation is that the wedding is small, I will know only a couple of people there and it will only be for a couple of hours. Now I need to find a dress for the reception dinner. Oy.
P's parents were here this past weekend. His mom came down a little early in an effort to give me a little break. Our awful colds, which started on Sunday, hit their peak on Thursday. We were both tired and miserable, but luckily we both got better really quickly and by Saturday all we had were lingering snotty noses. It was a crappy week but it really could have been worse, or lasted longer. Sunday was pretty eventful- water started to back up in our basement, P and his dad put up the office door and we cut Chuck's toenails, managing to cut the quick of one (so the dog bled all over the house, basically). Now I'm really getting new carpet in the basement- our current stuff is totally ruined!
Our daycare drama continues... but in a good way this time. There is a college girl across the street who called us and offered to watch Gray three days per week. We are trying to figure out how to make this work, as it would be wonderful to have him home! The only catch is finding coverage for the two other days. Right now we may have to go with a nanny service, but I'm hoping we can figure something else out.
I'm going to go get something done while the baby is sleeping...
No comments:
Post a Comment