So the big news around this place is that we have officially broken the baby. He is sick with a nasty cold/cough. It is awful to listen to this little person cough and wheeze and snort because he is so full of boogers. Also, my normally placid little baby has become somewhat of a whiner. He cannot seem to fall into a deep sleep, so he is constantly waking up and bitching. It is exhausting to listen to and I cannot talk him out of it. It SUCKS. This is all compounded by the fact that I am sick as well and just don't have the energy to deal with him right now. Of course, I have no choice and P cannot seem to help me in the way I need him to. The other totally crappy part of this is that it seemed as though Gray was about to start sleeping for longer stretches at night and now we are back to waking up every 1.5-2 hours. Nightmare! We did take him to the doctor today and the prognosis is frustrating: babies can get better and be peachy in a matter of days or they can end up in the hospital being tested for things like meningitis.
We apparently bought a new car tonight. I say "apparently" because I was so uninterested in this whole process that I tried to keep out of it as much as possible. It was a big emergency in P's mind, as the lease was going to be up in four months. In my mind, we had four months or 4000 miles, whichever came first. Why pay more money for another car before we have to? Unfortunately I know how it is when you get a bug up your ass about getting something done so as long as he handled it all I just showed up to sign papers. I am not particularly happy with our choice- I loved our Pilot- but he is happy and really, what do I care?
It's funny to me that the element of surprise seems to be in play when I plop Gray on his belly after he has been lying on his back complaining. I usually can get a good five minutes out of him- he just stares around in total surprise.
My back is killing me. Who knew that toting a baby around 15+ hours per day would completely jack it up? My MIL is coming tomorrow (a day earlier than planned as they will be in town for a surprise party) to help me out. I am wondering if there is any way to run out and get a massage. On second thought, scratch that. I am so stuffed up that it would be sheer hell to be face down for that long. Maybe I should just do some yoga instead.
We have instituted a new initiative in our house, partly in an effort to break out of our hermit-like state and also to see more of P's relatives. He has a slew of relatives who live within an hour of us and I can count on one hand the amount of times that we have seen them over the past five years. I think that is a total shame, so we have already started by having one of his cousins over for dinner. I was a little apprehensive, since I barely know them and didn't know if we would get along, but we had the best time. The week before that we had two couples over for dinner. That was also fun, but a little more stressful for reasons I should probably keep to myself.
Last weekend I discovered I have a hidden talent: carpentry! We had decided to tackle the baseboard in the basement ourselves, so I learned all about things like mitred corners and coped corners. I was very impressed with myself. We saved about $400 in labor and I learned something new. It is definitely not the most professional job, but it is good enough for me (and I can be a bit OCD about these types of things). It is SO AWESOME to have the basement coming together. The office and workout areas look great; we even got an estimate on new windows down there so we may get started with that soon. The next project for sure is the carpet though- there's no way I would let Gray crawl on the stuff we have. Yuck.
Lastly, I have gotten on the scale three Mondays in a row and the weight is no longer just coming off. I seem to have plateaued. I am about 15 lbs above where I was when I got pregnant, 28 lbs above where I was when I moved to Colorado and 38 lbs above where I "should" be. So I have THIRTY-EIGHT POUNDS to lose. That is a SICK amount of weight. The only bright side of this is that on WW the more you weigh the more points you get, AND you get more points for nursing! Yee haw! So I get about 34 points per day. Which is just about what is comfortable for me. So, I started counting points yesterday and logging them online. I was going to go to a meeting but I hate to waste the money if I am not committed so I'm trying this out first. Unfortunately, I have to be committed as I will have nothing that fits me when I go back to work, and also, ALSO, I am in a wedding in less than a month. Yes, you read that right. It is what it is, so I am not going to get all freaked out about it. I am going to find a dress that doesn't make me look too awful and I am going to have a good time with my friends. Or at least that I what I am going to try to remind myself to do.
I am SO. TIRED. Would this baby just go to sleep already??
No comments:
Post a Comment