I do realize how lucky I am. It sounds so cliched but after giving birth you really do marvel at the strength of your body and mind. When I try to think of how to sum up this year, all I really can think about is being pregnant and having the baby. We found out that I was pregnant on July 4th. It was not an easy or enjoyable pregnancy, although it was probably pretty average as far as that type of thing goes. I just didn't love being pregnant, but now that I know what you get out of it I think the next time might be better.
We didn't accomplish as much as we wanted to in the yard last year, since I basically napped away the entire summer. We did manage to make progress on the basement and now my wish list for the basement is limited to new windows and a bathroom. Otherwise it is "done." The upstairs is nearly finished as well, and over the last couple of months I have been slowly making purchases for our new kitchen (dishwasher, disposal, etc). I have my fingers crossed that we can accomplish that goal late this year.
Work has gone very well for me this past year. I still enjoy what I do and the perks make it even more worth it. We took an anniversary trip to Maine in October and the flights and hotels were mostly paid for through travel points. My maternity leave is being covered by a girl who is doing an excellent job; so excellent that I worry sometimes that she is showing me up. When I come back from maternity leave I will have a new partner in my territory. I have very mixed feelings about this since I loved working with my former partner. But this new person is very driven and financially this may be a good move for us. P continues to do well at work as well and in fact, came home last night to tell me that he has been given even more responsibility. This scares me a little bit, since this just means he is more vulnerable, but I think he has a great relationship with his boss so it may be a very good thing, ultimately.
Our families are both doing well, our marriage is good and we have this great little boy. Life is good.
Things I'd like to accomplish by my 37th (ack!) birthday:
- To have a healthy, happy one year old boy.
- To be thinking about having a second child.
- Continue to have a strong marriage.
- To be eating well and working out regularly. To be content with my body.
- A new kitchen!
- To travel somewhere new.
- Continue our initiatives of keeping in contact with family/friends, and also to do one "active" thing every weekend.
- Host our first annual party (maybe July 4th?)
No comments:
Post a Comment