This is the last week of my maternity leave! How did 10 weeks go so quickly? My plan was to relax and really enjoy being with my baby this week, but he is so grumpy that I find myself looking forward to next week when I can hand him to the nanny and she can hold him for a bit while he grouses. I feel terrible saying that, but there you go. Of course, today he has a darn good reason to be crabby: he got his two month shots. I thought I was made of tougher stuff, but it made me cry to listen to his indignant yelps. It was pretty heartbreaking. On a brighter note, Gray is growing like crazy and my worry that he is too skinny is apparently ridiculous. He weighed in at 13 lbs 8 oz at 9.5 weeks of age. The other highlight of the visit is that they gave me a ton of free formula. Score!
We just got back from our trip to Chicago. It was a really wonderful trip and all of my worries about traveling with a baby were unfounded. Gray was great on the plane and on one of the flights we had a row to ourselves, so that was even better. We got to see lots of friends, Gray got baptised and the wedding was a ton of fun. We also took a lot of pictures, and seeing myself in those photos re-energized me to really work on WW. I am trying a new tactic: I am limiting myself to 4 points worth of sweet snacks per day, in an effort to learn to eat sweets in moderation. This is the hardest thing for me to do, since I usually waste all of my points on sweet snacks. Before having Gray, P and I had talked a lot about being good role models for our kids and I really need to start working on my eating habits. Yesterday was a good day and today has been okay as well...I just have to keep trying.
Sunday was my first Mother's Day. P made fun of me by pointing out that on my very first Mother's Day I woke up in a hotel room in Chicago, hungover and without my baby. And he would be right. His sister and mom had agreed to take the baby overnight while we attended the wedding so we took them up on it. My initial thought was that I was going to leave the wedding early and sleep, sleep, sleep the night away without interruption. But red wine and good friends got the best of me and I ended up starting the day with a lovely hangover. Luckily I haven't had one of those in probably a year and I certainly don't intend to have another any time soon. It was a hell of a lot of fun though!
My mom is flying in tonight and staying until the weekend. We had planned on doing a lot of gardening while she's here but the weather is cold and rainy and looks like it will stay that way most of the week, which totally sucks. I'm sure we will find plenty of stuff to amuse ourselves though, we always do!
No comments:
Post a Comment