Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sunshine and Rainbows

I have been a Grumpy Guss lately and it just took one really great day to make me realize that. I feel bad because I know I've been short tempered with a lot of people, and I chalk a lot of it up to pregnancy. It's really hard for me to be pleasant when I am so uncomfortable and miserable in my own body. This really hit home for me the past two days- both mornings I woke up and forgot I was pregnant until I went to get out of bed...and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I guess I need to try a little harder because it isn't fair to people around me to be in a pissy mood all the time.

Anyhow, this post has gone a totally different direction than I intended. I don't know if it's hormones or what but I am on top of the world today. I'm just so.... HAPPY. And these are the reasons why:
  • Sushi for lunch
  • Watching my two goofy dogs sunning themselves outside (in my flowerbeds)
  • I passed my glucose test!!!!!!!!!! Never saw that coming.
  • And then I ate a chocolate covered Payday bar. Those things are heaven.
  • My husband told me that he was really happy with our life together
  • I donated $1 to the food bank through Macy's and they took $10 off of my $15 purchase
  • I get a new fridge in TWO DAYS
  • My stove was beeping at me yesterday and I thought "Go ahead, BREAK. I DARE YOU. You are SO OUT OF HERE in just two more weeks!"
  • Even though my job has been a little stressful lately I still think what I do is pretty cool.
  • I am so thankful that my husband and I both have good jobs.
  • I actually won a couple of games of Scrabble!

The best thing, though, happened last night when Phil brought Gray home from school. I was downstairs, still feeling sick from that stupid glucose, and I heard his footsteps and his little voice saying "Mama?" I walked up the stairs, and he ran over to me and said "MAMA!" and gave me this huge hug. Then he pulled away from me and said "Hi!" I love that kid, and I feel so lucky that I am going to have another that I'll love just as much. While I totally respect my friends who have opted not to have kids, on some level I feel sorry because they will likely never feel like this for another person. It is an amazing thing.

Now I'm going to go make some peanut butter fudge. Take THAT you stupid glucose test!

1 comment:

Be Like the Squirrel, Girl said...

Great post. I need to make a list of the things that make me happy too. It's therapeutic! And so is chocolate.