...no, I'm not talking about me.
The funk is a little better, thanks to this blog, ironically. I was reading the entries written just prior to Gray's birth and whaddya know? I was weepy for no reason then too. After confiding in my husband and a close friend I feel much better. Still terrified and worried, but less weepy at least.
I went to the OB on Monday to have another ultrasound to check how big the baby is. The last check, at 33 weeks, showed the baby to be around 5-11, which is a full 1.5 lbs above what the average baby weighs at that point. Fantastic. So I went to see my OB, who basically told me she didn't trust that ultrasound tech for squat, and got re-measured. WHOO-BOY, is all I can say. I guess I just make extra-large babies, because at 35 weeks it is now measuring 6-11. Now my worries center around shoulder dystocia and/or having to have a c-section because the baby is too big. My OB has promised to induce me at 39 weeks and perhaps we might do something a little earlier to see if we can get this kid to come out around 38 weeks. The ultrasound also indicated that this kid has a full head of hair, very chubby cheeks and the froggie lips that we love so much on Gray.
I'm dying to know the sex of this baby!! I have been convinced it's a girl for all this time until the last ultrasound, when I thought "it is definitely a boy." Whatever, doesn't matter. It's strange to think of how much our family dynamic will be affected (Girl Scout cookies vs pinewood derby?) but whatever it is, is meant to be.
My body seems just...ready to have this baby. My lower back hurts, it hurts to walk, everything just feels like it's ready to go. Makes me wonder how long this kid would hang in there if we didn't intervene earlier than December 6th.
Today I finally got totally caught up with work, which is a huge relief. This means that I won't have so much to deal with if I go on maternity leave earlier than expected. It is just HUGE to me to finally be caught up... I basically have about two (TWO!) more weeks of work and then I am on leave until late February. I am SO EXCITED. I am looking forward to the break, and unlike last time, I am not going to be looking at work email while I am gone. I do have a couple of things I'd like to do- clean up my email archives, read some articles that I have pushed aside for too long, and do some online trainings (only because they are included in my professional goals at work and I have done...ahem...nothing so far this year?) I am also going to complete the paperwork for the doctorate program that I have put off for way too long. I am definitely nuts.
The kitchen is slooowly chugging along. It is functional, if not fully beautiful yet. I just had the cable guy come to install the cable for the under-the-cabinet TV that I purchased, oh, three years ago. Everything was looking good until I realized that the cabinet is not really deep enough for the damn thing. If it's not one thing, it's another, I swear! We also picked up the cork flooring that I agonized about for ages and it is NOT the right color. The very un-helpful saleslady said, "well, that's why I always show people the unfinished sample- it looks so different when you put the poly on" and I had to point out that she did not show me that sample on the two occasions that I spoke with her. GRR. I have my fingers, toes, eyes, etc crossed that the color will be significantly different when it is finished and sealed as right now the color is awful. The final decision is the backsplash and why doesn't anyone have anything that I like? Everything that I like has brown in it, and since the counter is black I don't think that will look good. So it is a decision that I am really struggling with and unfortunately it probably will not be done by Thanksgiving. Darn. Otherwise I really like the kitchen and am happy with it, for the most part. It's weird getting used to the way things are now- like where everything is stored, using a dishwasher that (gasp) cleans dishes, using a wall oven instead of a stove- but it's a far cry from the mess we were living with before!
No comments:
Post a Comment