This morning I am rushing around trying to get dressed and out of the house, since I am teaching a course at the office today and cannot be late. I hear Gray singing in his room and go in to get him. I ask, "What are you singing?" and he says "Shepard Show Me!" which is a hymn from my childhood that I sing to him. "Will you sing it Mama?" "Of course." "Will you hold my hand, Mama?" "Yes." And then my heart melted.
Lately when I go in Eli's room to check on him before bed he hears me and wakes up. Sometimes I rock him back to sleep, like tonight. He was in the usual position (face mashed into my arm "pretending" to nurse, eyes closed). I leaned over and gave him two kisses by his eye. He leaned back, looked at me for a second and smiled. Then he got back to business of going back to sleep.
Really, there is no other word to describe it. I'm blessed. They are two blessings that have been given to me. ME, of all people. Wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment