Hi pal,
Today I leave for Australia for a work trip that I am 50% dreading and 50% excited about. I am mostly dreading it since you just told me "Mama, I don't want you to go. I want you to stay home with me and Dada and Eli and... me!" I hope you know my heart broke a little when you said that. I will miss you so much. I have to applaud your ability for coming down with a mysterious illness just before I leave the country. The past two days your face has gotten red and puffy on one side and your lip seems chapped and swollen. Really, you were sick right before I left for England and Bermuda as well. How do you do that? We are treating your problem like an allergy right now and hopefully you'll feel better soon.
I think the tantrum-y two stuff is getting a little better. I know this because I don't dread coming home anymore. I'm only sort of kidding- a couple of months ago I hated to imagine what stupid argument we would get into that day. It really has gotten better. You do have your moments, but I guess we all do. Your moments are just a little louder and last a little longer. We are trying to talk to you about how to shake off the crying and get on with things because it seems like once you start you get stuck in a rut of hysteria. Ironically it seems like often our arguments start because you refuse to say "thanks," or "May I be excused" and you are one of the most polite children I have ever met.
You say the funniest things. I just asked you who your best friend was and you told me "Maggie." The other day you noticed that the Montel Williams commercial came on TV and you said "There's your guy, E! That's Eli's man, Mama!" I still laugh every time I think of that. You love to pretend and I love to watch you. You have fun arranging all of your choo choos but get super irritated when Eli messes them up. I don't blame you! You love taking pictures with the camera and Dada and I were rolling with laughter yesterday when we were viewing the pictures you took. They are hilarious. You have decided that Charlie is "your dog" and Archie is "Mama's dog." You will hug and kiss Charlie, and ask him questions like "Do you want dog food Charles? I LOOOOVE you Charlie!" (I asked you if you loved Archie and you said no.)
Halloween is coming and you like to talk about trick or treating but you tell us very adamantly that you will NOT be wearing a costume. I bought you some skeleton jammies in case you wuss out on wearing your fireman costume. So I guess we'll see. You enjoy the decorations and lights that we put up and it is so fun to decorate for little kids. I do love being a mom, and I especially like being YOUR mom.
Love you,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment