Sunday, January 16, 2011

Resolutions, a bit late

20 things I'd like to accomplish in '11:
  1. I'd like to run the 10k in Champaign in April. I have the ticket booked and can run 2 miles so far, so I think this is do-able. It would be great to run another "big" race later in the year as well as a couple of 5k races.
  2. I want to buy clothes I LIKE, instead of buying clothes just because I have to wear them.
  3. Complete the 365 project that I started.
  4. Take six sewing classes. (One down, five to go!)
  5. Take six classes at the rec center- I am mostly interested in yoga, but also would like to take a tap class.
  6. Conquer this last 20 lbs, and maybe go for 30 lbs.
  7. Date night once a month.
  8. Make and decorate "fancy" cut out cookies.
  9. Try to average 15 workouts per month.
  10. Accessorize. Part of making this more likely is organizing my jewelry in a different way.
  11. Slow down and be nice. In my rush to get things done I am more abrupt than I need to be.
  12. Read one "classic" per month.
  13. Complete the egress window in the basement.
  14. Finish the kitchen backsplash.
  15. Start the basement bathroom.
  16. Buy a fridge for the basement.
  17. Yell less.
  18. Remember that it's the little things that count... including things like calories and money. It all adds up.
  19. Remember that a quick phone call or email is better than nothing.
  20. Plan for the future: set up wills and college funds.

1 comment:

Be Like the Squirrel, Girl said...

I was a little embarrassed to review my resolutions from last year - some were ok, some needed a lot of work. You inspire me to give them another shot for 2011!