Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2010 Resolution Review

1. Run the Chicago half marathon the weekend before my 20th reunion- Nope. Aside from the fact I totally messed up the dates of the race and the reunion, I was nowhere near prepared to run any distance much less a half marathon.
2. Go swimming with my boys (This sounds like such a dumb goal but is actually a big deal for me, since I Do. Not. Swim. Partially because I am not a fan of swimming and mostly because I am not a fan of swim suits.) Done! AND we are taking a swim class this month.
3. Get back to a weight that I am happy with, now that I am done having babies. Well, half way there, at least. I lost 20 lbs in 2010. I plan to lose 20 more this year.
4. Start my AuD. Getting closer. I have applied to start this in June.
5. Work on thinking before I discipline my kid(s). I tend to react to behaviors that would likely go away in 5 seconds if I just took a deep breath and waited it out. Can I just say this is a work in progress?
6. Remember to take my vitamins. Definitely getting better at this.
7. Go on a couple of bike rides. Difficult to do when I sold my bike at the garage sale!
8. Pay off our kitchen debt. DONE. So, so proud of this one.
9. Have a date night with my husband once a month. Nope. We are continuing to work on this one.
10. Plan and plant the side garden I envision. Again, a total failure on this one. At a family gathering my husband's cousin pointed out that I should demolish the whole side yard and do the porch, side yard and patio as one space instead of three. I think she's right. Anyone have $10k?
11. Plant a food garden in my new planter boxes. Done! This year I am going to make sure I plant stuff we will actually eat. Note to self: I do not like carrots grown in the back yard.
12. Do yoga once a week. Ideally in a class, but a DVD would be okay too. I'm sorry to say no, and I still wish this would happen in 2011.
13. Wear more lipstick. Nope. Again, I want to find some lip gloss that I love and use that instead of Chapstick.
14. Accessorize more because I inevitably feel cuter/more put together if I remember to put a bracelet on. I have been doing a teensy bit better on this in the last few weeks.
15. Use recyclable bags at the grocery store on a more consistent basis. I'm doing pretty well but could be better. Hoping to do better this year.
16. Find somewhere to listen to the Hallelujah chorus somewhere next holiday season. Seems like I always remember I want to to this too late. Would you believe that there basically was no venue to watch this in Denver this year? So irritating.
17. Try one new recipe per week and document that I did so. If you averaged out all the recipes I tried I probably did try 52 recipes. But I didn't document them.
18. Keep in better touch with my sister. Epic fail. I am a bad sister.
19. Organize a meal with friends or relatives at least once a month. 2010 started off strong but kind of petered out. This year we are doing pretty well so far, but I just need to keep it up.
20. Move towards finishing the downstairs bathroom- we likely won't have the money to complete it, but it would be nice to have some walls and a toilet. We have the toilet and sink but discovered we need to put an egress window in the basement before we can move forward on the bathroom. ARGH. So my next hope is to get that done in 2011.

No comments: