Gosh, life has been sort of hectic lately. P and I both have new roles at work and it has taken it's toll on us, we seem to be in a never-ending nanny search and school starts up for me again in a couple of days. (Whee!) I keep watching the kids, thinking "I need to write this stuff down!" I don't want to forget so many things and yet when I sit down to write I can't come up with probably half of what I want to remember. So, in no particular order...
Gray:
Suddenly, jokes about poop and farting have entered his vocabulary. UGH. Yesterday he was sent to his room for saying the word "butth0le." Seriously, ick.
He has woken up "dry"eight out of the last ten nights. (!!!!!!!!!!!!) When I expressed surprise about this one day he told me, nonchalantly, "I just decided to practice it, Mama."
"Mama, can I go potty?" ("Yes, Gray, you never have to ask me that.")
"Mama, can I go floss my teeth?" (This is new and pretty funny to me that he will stop what he is doing in the middle of a meal so he can run and floss his teeth.)
I love that he says "Alex in Wonderland" and "vox" (instead of fox). Both guys say "blood plessure." Gray STILL says "orport" for airport.
I got them new "vox" fold up chairs this summer. Gray was sitting in his, stroking the armrests saying "You know, Mama, I like these chairs but they are missing one thing. Cupholders."
Into staying up "late." Poor guy still naps a solid 2-3 hours every day so he is never tired at night. I usually let him stay up and practice writing or play educational games online.
Begs for "puffy cheetos." I caved the other day and bought a bag against my better judgement. Yuck.
He also begs for chocolate dipped strawberries.
He can recite almost any commercial on Sprout. He told me the other day that I needed a Citivantage Card and every time we see the commercial for the sunshade (for porches) he tells me "I want one of those!"
Eli:
This weekend everything was DELICIOUS! or WONDERFUL! There were also a lot of "I love you mama, you're so pretty."
"Mama, I did it safe-uh-ly!"
Eli now is copying Gray's sobbing "NEVER, NEVER!" when he is in time out. It is the most annoying thing ever. And it makes absolutely no sense.
"Mama, watch me!" (he takes a bite of something) x100
I love hearing E call his brother "Gway."
I'm starting to realize that nothing escapes him, even though he acts like he is on another planet half the time. He will recite a series of events flawlessly when I would have bet money that he wasn't paying attention.
We discovered today that he can do a real push-up.
There is nothing quite like the full-body Eli wiggle.
The boys bicker endlessly, it seems. They will be shrieking with laughter and then it evolves into someone crying EVERY single time. I find myself yelling at them for laughing because I know where it's headed. In a week's time they will both be in preschool and I can't wait to see how Eli reacts. I think he is going to love it but it will be the first time he is not in Gray's shadow and he will have an identity of his own, somehow.
No comments:
Post a Comment