Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'm falling apart

It never fails... when I start running again I am plagued with a miserable back for weeks. It doesn't help that I have been working in the yard, bent over and scrunched up in some awkward positions while trying to prune an area we refer to as "the jungle." (It looks lovely, now, by the way!) The weather continues to get better and we are making some slow progress on the yard. Of course the hurricane-like winds we have been experiencing do not help with my organic weed-killing project- we have black plastic covering the back 1/3 of the yard and we cannot seem to keep the plastic on the ground with these stupid winds!

So, running. I have gone running a total of 4 times with varying degrees of success. I have discovered that I depend more than I thought on my dogs (one chocolate lab+ one rat terrier=105 lbs) to pull me along- the one time I went without them I ran out of steam pretty fast. Today I had a good run- one of the few where the 1 mile marker came up surprisingly fast. It was motivating, and I am looking forward to my run on Friday. I have been trying to incorporate one good habit a week into my life. Last week it was starting to run again and this week was no snacking between breakfast and lunch. I have evolved to the point where I am eating six or seven meals a day, and while "they" say that you should eat six small meals per day the problem is that my meals aren't exactly small. So I'm trying to get rid of that morning snack. I know I eat out of boredom and all of my snacking is a direct result of having nothing better to do. It also blows my mind how often I don't even realize I'm eating. I tell myself in the morning that I'm going to think about every single thing I put into my mouth and several granola bars later I realize that I haven't thought a bit about what I'm doing to myself. My goal for next week is to count points for ONE WEEK. And to sign up for yoga at the rec center, which would make two goals but I think I can manage it!

I've had a lovely work week. No traveling and by week's end I'll have spent 4/5 days at home! Love it! We had 4+ hours of conference calls today and I cannot make myself attend to those things to save my life. Honestly, I have a vague recollection of the things that were discussed but if we were quizzed on it I would fail. It is just too tempting to check my email, shop on eBay, fold laundry, pet the dogs, organize the garage... all things I did while on the call today. Uh huh.

And finally, I have to admit what a wonderful night I had with my good friend, TiVo, this evening. We bonded over ANTM and a certain crap reality show on MTV, two car wreck type programs that I am addicted to.

No comments: