The fun continues... I have suddenly, inexplicably become a weepy mess and I am having pains in my hip sockets that bring me to tears. Again, how do people do this over and over? It's going to take some serious amnesia for me to want to do it just one more time! I saw my OB yesterday and I am slightly more dilated than last time, which means nothing but I guess is supposed to make me feel like I'm making some sort of progress. The anticipation of all that is to come is starting to get on my nerves and I would just like to get it over with already!
I found out yesterday that my colleague is leaving our company and will be gone once I am back from maternity leave. This is not good. If I really thought about it this would throw me into a total panic, but I cannot afford that kind of drama right now. So I am just going to have to trust that things will turn out okay and her replacement will be someone I like (rather than a warm body, as sometimes happens at my workplace). I have been offered her job, but her job is much, much harder (and more stressful) than mine and I don't think it would be wise to take something like that on with a newborn. Plus, I like what I do and I think I'm good at it.
I had brunch with a friend from a previous workplace yesterday. This is a girl who is notorious for cancelling plans, or not showing up... but she showed up! And it was fun! I am hoping that we will do brunch again during my maternity leave. She and I can talk for hours, and it is fun to have a friend like that.
I have decided that I am paint-impaired. I CAN NOT pick out paint colors to save my life! What is wrong with me? We painted the new office last weekend- I thought I was picking a soft, warm pumpkin color and of course it is a glare-y orange. I am hoping that once we put furniture in there it will be a little less offensive. I feel like I always end up picking colors that are a little soft and drab, so I was trying to be a little more bold with this choice. Then, we started to paint the workout room a color that I thought was a warm, yellow-y beige. Nope, it's pale yellow. So I have been buying paint samples (read: wasting a ton of cash on $3 samples) all week in varying shades of beige. Some are too peachy (and remind me of skin- blech) and some are too gray. I can't seem to get it right and we need to get this damn basement painted before the floor shows up! I hate this!
I went to the mall for lunch today and forced myself to do a lap around the entire place. I am sure I looked ridiculous lumbering along, but I figured the exercise would do me good. I stopped at the pet store and saw the most adorable Rat Terrier puppy- it was all I could do to reach in the cage and cram it in my mouth, it was so yummy and cute! Speaking of, my particular terrier has discovered the rubber ducky in the bathtub so is now spending 99% of his time staring at it and crying. Dumbass.
No comments:
Post a Comment