Monday, February 18, 2008

V-Day

I kind of fell down on the job for Valentine's this year. About two weeks ago, I found matching throws for the downstairs (comfy, TV viewing) couch and called it an early Valentine's present. P kind of called me out on that, saying that it was more a present for me than for him. However, nine times out of ten when I come downstairs he is camped out under one of the blankets, so pppthpt. I did make a heart shaped meatloaf, and a heart shaped spice cake so there was some effort involved. P brought me mint double stuff Oreos (seems to be a tradition now), a very cute card and a DVD of Project Runway, saying it could amuse me while I spend 75% of my day nursing in the near future.

So, even though I don't think he even knows/remembers that I have this blog, I think I owe him a little tribute as to why he's the best guy for me.

1. He can always, always, always make me laugh.
2. He loves to read and there's nothing better than a guy whose idea of a good time is going to the book store.
3. We have very similar ideas about the big stuff- how to raise kids, retirement, etc.
4. He loves our dogs, even the little annoying one. This morning, the first thing he did when he woke up was lean over to kiss and snuggle our labrador.
5. I have a much richer vocabulary in "guy speak" than I did before I met him. I'm not totally sure how good/useful this is.
6. He loves to travel and explore new places.
7. He has great friends.
8. He tolerates my occasional craziness with good humor.
9. We have a great story about how we met, and my memories of us dating are some of the best memories I have.
10. He is the father of my child. How spooky is that?

No comments: