Thursday, March 27, 2008

100 Memorable Moments: 1-25

1. Hearing "It's a boy!" and then hearing that little boy cry.

2. Feeling all of my anxiety melt away when I saw my husband on our wedding day.

3. Looking out the window of my apartment at my first car that *I* chose and paid for.

4. That first positive pregnancy test.

5. Hanging out at Boulder Creek.

6. Waking up and seeing Bangkok for the first time.

7. Seeing our house in an online listing and knowing, KNOWING, that it was meant to be ours.

8. Summer camp: walking back to the cabin with my friends, looking up at the sky at all the stars and knowing that God has to exist because that moment was so perfect.

9. Driving around town with my friend April in my first car, even after being warned to stay within a one mile radius of home.

10. Running on the trail by Lake Michigan, training for the Mini marathon. Completing a mind-boggling ten mile training run that I never, ever thought I could complete.

11. Hearing "Eight Mile" at the eight mile marker of the Mini- which happened to be on the Indy 500 track.

12. Driving from Vail to DIA through the mountains and thinking "I wish I could live here"- then realizing I *could* live here, all I had to do was move.

13. Riding my bike through Chicago in the middle of the night during the Late Ride, listening to "What's Love Got To Do With It."

14. Listening to New Order on the way to visit my grandma in Arizona, 1989.

15. Standing outside of the Field Museum realizing that he was my best friend, and wanting to be more than just friends.

16. Marla dumping a pitcher of beer on my boyfriend, who appeared to have just dumped me in the bar.

17. Going to Cracker Barrel after graduating with my Masters degree- and being so pissed that we were eating at CRACKER BARREL. Ick.

18. Being surprised by my boyfriend with a box full of expensive spices and an offer of a home-cooked dinner.

19. Driving in my red pedal car alongside the neighbor's hedge, using the leaves to "pay tolls."

20. Having most of my teeth pulled by my first grade teacher, Mrs Maz, until I was well into the sixth grade.

21. New Year's Eve, 1999.

22. Crying over how homesick we were at the Wendy's in London. Being overjoyed that they did not charge us for ketchup.

23. Being asked out for coffee by the English boy I fancied and telling him "I don't drink coffee" because I was so nervous and freaked out that he was talking to me.

24. Endless plates of gravy at Pete's Kitchen the night after drinking too much gin at Andrew's.

25. "Lotion wars" with the boys I worked with at Gr0ve Premium.

No comments: