Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yardwork

So, this weekend was full of sod, and sod rolling, and sod hauling, and sod watering... we put down three full pallets of sod and we are not done. We are definitely close and hope to be finished tomorrow. The back yard looks like a golf course. It was 90 degrees, but the baby cooperated and we somehow made it through the nightmare. After finishing up the edges, we need to fix the sprinkler system and put weed barrier down around all of the edges. The end may not be in sight but we have definitely made a ton of progress! I am totally exhausted but I'm glad we did it and we saved a ton of money. We had received two quotes: $2500 and $3000. We paid about $36 for the sod roller, and around $600 for the sod. So, after getting what we need tomorrow I would guess we will have paid around $750 and saved almost $2000!! It was hell, but it was worth it.

Gray was super cooperative throughout the sod saga. I guess I can forgive him for his miserable sleep habits all of a sudden. After sleeping through the night two nights in a row, he is back to getting up twice every night. It totally sucks. I'm not sure if he is just not eating enough, or sleeping too much during the day. It's kind of hard to figure out. We tried to "ferberize" him the other night- but couldn't take the crying, so we gave in. After talking to my SIL I think I am going to wait a couple more weeks to let him cry it out. We have to do it soon, since it takes 30-60 minutes to get him to go to sleep. I love rocking and nursing him, but he is getting into this habit where he wakes up as soon as you put him in his crib. Then the whole process starts over again.

He is getting to be so much fun. It is amazing to watch him learn new stuff every day. Today he was playing in his gym and I put a toy on his belly and started to walk away. He immediately grabbed it and started waving it around- I was so impressed! He also discovered his feet today and was able to grab them a couple of times.

I am proud to say that I have been exercising in the mornings the last three weeks. I have tried to go walking four times per week. It is getting a little better, and I am starting to run/walk, which is so, so, so hard. I also signed up for a yoga class. I was a bit dubious when I started it, since it is filled with a lot of older women (including the teacher). But it is a great workout and the stretch is exactly what I need after having the baby.

I am still totally buried at work and cannot seem to get un-buried. I fly to Utah for the first time on Wednesday since being back at work, so that is going to be weird. I am hoping I can get more caught up this week.

Finally, the big drama of the week was that we found out that we have asbestos tile in our basement. We were having carpet installed on Monday and the installers would not install it when they saw our tile. Long story short, it looks like we may have found someone to install the carpet and we'll know more tomorrow...

Baby awake... what was I saying about him being so cooperative??

No comments: