Thursday, June 26, 2008

Yawn

When will I feel rested again? The baby is sleeping better but we are still trying to figure out when and how much he wants to sleep. Lately he has been wanting to go to bed around 7 PM- the couple of nights I allowed this he was up around 4:30-5:00 wanting to start his day. So I am back to an 8-8:30 bedtime for now. The bad thing about him getting up so early is that I get up to walk at 5:45, so if he gets up just before that it means I start my day extra early. Ugh. I do not do well when I have to wake up at 4 AM.

I have been really good about walking, and I think it is getting a little easier. I am definitely not huffing and puffing like I was a couple of weeks ago. I am not sure I ever will love exercising but I am at least getting out there and doing it. I wish I had a body that really responded to exercise, but it seems to me that my body only responds to the hardcore stuff- training for a half marathon or something like that. The running is not going so well yet... I think I'll commit to run/walking next week. Maybe by the end of July I can be running those three miles in the morning. Tonight is the last yoga class and I am definitely going to sign up for another one next month. I only wish I could do yoga twice a week instead of once. Hmm.

The sod is (mostly) down and now I am working on the perimeter. I bought a bunch of bushes yesterday and have to get them in the ground soon. It is so hard to visualize what it's all going to look like in a couple of years, but I am definitely looking forward to it. My front and side yards are slowly filling up too. I am torn between the landscape plan we were given (where there are tasteful groups of threes and fives) and throwing in some interesting stuff and seeing what happens. Ultimately I'd like to have a somewhat "planned" garden that looks wild and beautiful. I am probably not talented enough to achieve that though.

Gray is still not rolling over for me! Of course he's done it for the nanny several times. Naughty boy! He has gone from growling to pretty cooing sounds, which I enjoy much, much more. I was able to make him laugh yesterday by blowing raspberries- his little voice is just so cute. I still can't believe that I made this perfect little person!

No comments: