Saturday, July 5, 2008

The yard is plotting to kill me

I am taking a (pumping) break from weeding the yard... and I just got a call that we are having mulch delivered in 30 minutes. Yikes! I am definitely not ready for mulch as the weed barrier hasn't made it down just yet. Today promises to be back-breaking and busy. We have a long list of stuff we want to get accomplished: fix the fence, put down weed barrier, spread mulch, move sprinkler heads, weed and remove some roots from an old bush. Makes me tired to look at it, but my in-laws are here, so we have two extra pairs of hands: one to hold the baby and one to help! So I am going to take advantage of it if it kills me... and it might.

The baby is getting cuter and more fun all the time. It is hard to pinpoint what makes him so fun- he spits up on me more than I care to think about (um, like four times just this morning)- he just is. He is making lots of lovely cooing sounds, has rolled over about six or so times and is always grabbing onto his feet. We introduced him to an exersaucer type thing today and he seemed to like it. He wants to sit up all the time so I thought he might be up for the task. He is also starting to laugh more, particularly when I say "ahCHOO!" or blow raspberries at him. We took him to a family party yesterday where there were other, older babies and he looked like a tank compared to them. His four month appointment is next week so we'll find out what he really weighs, but I think it's around 17 lbs. My favorite bit though lately is that he is giving me these overexuberant baby hugs, where he buries his face in my neck and holds onto my hair for dear life. It is so sweet.

My mom's birthday was this week. I called her just to talk and in the middle of the conversation I realized the date. I suddenly felt so overwhelmed and just...dumb that I would forget her birthday that it made me all teary. I look forward to the day that I am not constantly working on the house or yard that I have my head on a little more straight. Ugh.

Having said that, I don't wish away a moment of my life right now. It is so perfect that it makes me panic sometimes. I am so, so, so grateful for everything I have: my perfect boy, my hilarious husband, our money pit if a home and the fact that I am healthy enough to enjoy it all.
I want time to stop right now. I am so lucky.

No comments: