I cannot believe that Gray is almost six months old. On one hand I feel like I've known him forever, and how can he only be six months old? On the other hand, time seems to have sped up and before I turn around another week has passed. He is just so much fun. I cannot believe how much happier I am, simply because I get to know him. It's so silly, but I love watching P's face when I bring him into bed with us in the morning. On a normal, pre-Gray day he would usually be a little grouchy, but instead his face just lights up. I feel the same way... even when I am tired or crabby this little boy just makes my day so much better. Lately, my favorite time of day is between 5-7:00. Gray is definitely tired by that point and will often take a catnap while he nurses. I love to hold and cuddle him for these little power naps. The other thing he likes to do is just hang out while I hold him. Doesn't matter where we are, he just lounges in my arms and is happy just to be with me. The frequency of his frantic baby hug/kiss combos has increased and he often tries to give me a full-on, open mouthed kiss. I could go on and on... he is just so cute!
Work has been good. I finally feel like I'm back in the groove and have my head on straight. It is a good feeling to be able to keep track of the 1,000 things I have to think about and know I'm doing a good job again. When I came back from maternity leave I think I would have doubted I could ever get back to this point.
We are having a "first annual bash" tomorrow. I haven't done a thing to plan for it but I'm sure it will be fine. We are providing the beer/brats/burgers and asked the guests to bring something to share. I need to do a little cleaning and shopping tomorrow but we should be ready in time. I'm really only going to make some sangria, an appetizer and a dessert. The biggest thing I'm apprehensive about is Gray going to bed- it's going to be loud and he is so bothered by noise. I am going to try to put him to bed in our room, which is somewhat away from the noise, and hope for the best.
We have a couple of busy weekends coming up. Next weekend we are off to Aspen for our first babyless getaway! I know I'll miss Gray but I am going to LOVE all the sleep I'm going to get. I cannot wait. We are staying in Glenwood Springs at a fun-looking vintage hotel and we'll be seeing Panic at the Jazz Fest. P said something about wanting to go the Colorado National Monument. Doesn't matter- we have no plans, just freedom from Thursday to Saturday. Then, the next weekend my mom will be visiting (I told Gray he was going to have a Grandma-rama.) And the weekend after that P goes to the Bahamas for work. I am staying home, very happily. Many do not understand my reluctance to go on a free beach vacation- but it just doesn't appeal to me and I've gone on this trip the previous two years. Since it is work related it is not totally relaxing and it certainly isn't free. This particular place is apparently pretty remote and really expensive. P is taking a friend of his so they will have a great time and Gray and I will have fun too!
I'm headed off to bed... lots to do tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment